NO BOOTS are ALLOWED on the ovals till 1 April. Both Grading days are compulsory for your child to be graded correctly. Please advise the NER Director of Football if you cannot attend a grading day.
Grading of players is an important part to ensuring all children enjoy their football. It is of great benefit to their overall development in both a social sense as well as football skills to be playing with and against players of similar ability. NER grade all kids from Under 10. We also grade for one U9 team. Grading for the U9 Graded Team is not compulsory and is open to all U8 and U9 players.
Information regarding the grading dates and times will be sent out to all registered players. Please ensure you attend the grading days for your actual age E.g. If you are turning (or have turned) 10 this year, your actual age is Under 10. You are also welcome to request to grade in an older age group. Please contact the NER Director of Football to confirm your request.
It is important for us when grading players to base our assessments on the entire range of players within an age group . This does not mean that all players will be forced to play in their actual age group, but it assists us greatly to see the bigger picture. Grading days are not just used for the purpose of grading players, but determining the appropriate level for team nomination, and to see how we (as a club) are tracking over time.
Grading days are compulsory if you expect your child to be graded correctly. Failure to turn up to grading without prior notification will make it difficult for your child to be graded correctly.
- If the grading staff are not in agreement regarding their assessment of any of the children then it may be necessary to have an additional grading day, you will be notified if this is the case.
- If any player cannot make a grading session please contact the NER Director of Football
- All participants are to arrive 15mins prior to their scheduled time to register
- All participants must wear sneakers/trainers/joggers (no boots allowed) and shin pads. Any children not wearing shin pads will not be allowed to participate.
- Bring a filled drink bottle.
- Each age-group will have multiple graders who have been sourced from age-groups other than that of their own child and are experienced coaches.
- Coaches comments from last year will be taken into consideration.
- Session formats will be determined by the Grading Committee and may involve some/all of; a warm up, skills and drills, small sided-games, full size games, to ensure all participants get an opportunity to be involved.
- Grading staff are not to be approached during or after the grading sessions. Any queries should go through the NER Director of Football or your Age Co-Ordinator.
- All players must grade in their appropriate age groups. For example, if a player has their 10th birthday at any time in the current year they would grade in the under 10 age group. Players may request to grade in a higher age group.
- For Players wanting to play in a higher age group: we ask that you grade in your age group as well as the higher age group.
Training will commence early to mid March and the first round of the season will commence on the first Saturday in April
Grading Days will take place at: Ron Payne Park, North Epping Oval, or the Multipurpose Sports Courts (located at North Epping Bowling Club).
Please make sure you are aware at which venue your age group is grading
Additional grading days may be required. All grading days are compulsory to be graded correctly
Please arrive 15 mins before the time allotted for your age group.
Click here for the Grading Day Calendar
Click here for our Grading PolicyFor any additional Information regarding grading please contact the NER Director of Football or your Age Coordinator