GHFA Premier League
Although we are not a professional club, we all like to play at a level that satisfies our competitive nature. The GHFA Permier League is a very competitive competition and one that the word ‘amateur’ merely means nobody gets paid (apparently).
The Rangers SL Squad is very well looked after by the club. The squad is never without funds, or equipment and a new playing strip is provided to each player each season. Polo, shirts tracksuits and training shirts are some of the other perks to look forward to as a member of this squad. There’s nothing in the rules that say we can’t look professional.
As the flagship group within the club, the Premier League squad competes in the GHFA SL First Grade and Reserve Grade competitions. The squad usually consists of around 32 players in order to field 2 teams each week. There are 2 training sessions per week (during the normal season) and trials/pre-season training from mid January.
Although we have a focus on younger players; all new players are welcome to trial.
If you’re looking to play for Rangers’ Permier League next season, make yourself known to one of the coaches (see contacts). North Epping Rangers will never turn away any potential player before trialling them. Everyone is given a fair opportunity to be selected in the squad of 30+ consisting of both a First Grade & Reserve Grade teams.
Rangers SL also competes in the following:
- GHFA Cup – This is a pre-season and mid-week FA Cup style competition where the top 2 tiers of the GHFA compete from March through to July.
- Amateur Cup – This is a Sunday knock out competition where amateur teams from all over NSW compete from March through to July.
- Community Cup – This is a single game played against the Australian Army National Team as a friendly usually at the end of October – early November.
Coach: James McNaughton
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0418 976 133
Coach: James walker
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0410 456 976
Manager: Paul Hutcheson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0418 223 203