Grading of players is an important part to ensuring all children enjoy their football during the season. It is of great benefit to their overall development in both a social sense as well as soccer skills to be playing with/against players of similar ability.
We have tentatively set down the following dates and times for grading. Additional dates and times may be required.
Grading days are compulsory if you expect your child to be graded correctly. Failure to turn up to grading without prior notification will make it difficult for your child to be graded correctly.
- If the grading staff are not in agreement regarding their assessment of any of the children then it may be necessary to have an additional grading day, you will be notified if this is the case.
- If any player cannot make a grading session they should email Meng Lee at email@example.com
- All participants are to arrive 15mins prior to their scheduled time to register
- All participants must bring trainers (no boots allowed on NEO) , shin pads and a drink. Any children not wearing shin pads will not be allowed to participate.
- Each age-group will have multiple graders who have been sourced from age-groups other than that of their own child and are experienced coaches.
- The graders will not be coaching any children during the session and will be concentrating on assessing the children correctly.
- Coaches comments from last year will be taken into consideration.
- Sessions will involve a warm up, skills and drills and small sided-games to ensure all participants get an opportunity to be involved.
- Coaches are not to be approached and any queries should go through the soccer convenor.
Click here for our Grading Policy.
If you have registered online you should have received an email confirming these times. Other age groups will not require grading at this stage.
Training will commence early to mid March and the first round of the season will commence on the 1st of April.
Due to the expected hot weather conditions over the weekend Grading times have been revised to the following. This will be confirmed by email.
GRADING WILL TAKE PLACE AT RON PAYNE PARK ( WOOD ST)
Mon 13th Feb
- U10s 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- U11s 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- U12s 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Tues 14th Feb
- U15 – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- U16– 6:30pm -7:30pm
Wed 15th Feb
- U12 – 5:30pm-6:30pm
- U13 – 6:30pm -7:30pm
Additional grading days may be required.