Grading UPDATE 2019 ( as at 18 Feb )
Grading of players is an important part to ensuring all children enjoy their football during the season. It is of great benefit to their overall development in both a social sense as well as soccer skills to be playing with/against players of similar ability. NER grade all Kids from Under 10.
We have set down the following dates and times for grading. Additional dates and times may be required. Information will be sent out to all registered players confirming Grading times and dates. Please ensure you attend the grading day for your actual age E.g. If you are turning 10 in 2019, your actual age is Under 10. You are also quite welcome to attend the grading day of an older age group. Please let us know if this is your intention.
It is important for us when grading players to base our assessments on the entire range of players within an age group . This does not mean that all players will be forced to play in their actual age group, but it assists us greatly to see the bigger picture. Grading days are not just used for the purpose of grading players, but determining the appropriate level for team nomination, and to see how we (as a club) are tracking over time.
Please arrive 15 mins before the time allotted for your age group. NO BOOTS are ALLOWED on the ovals till 1 April. Both Grading days are compulsory for your child to be graded correctly. Please advise Craig Denyer if you cannot attend anyone of the grading days.
Tuesday 19th ( North Epping Oval)
Under 12 – 4:30 to 5:30 pm PLSE Note the earlier start time
Wednesday 20th ( North Epping Oval)
Under 13 – 5 to 6pm
Under 10 – 6 to 7 pm
Thursday Feb 21 (North Epping Oval)
Under 14 – 5 to 6 pm
Under 11 – 6 to 7 pm
Grading days are compulsory if you expect your child to be graded correctly. Failure to turn up to grading without prior notification will make it difficult for your child to be graded correctly.
- If the grading staff are not in agreement regarding their assessment of any of the children then it may be necessary to have an additional grading day, you will be notified if this is the case.
- If any player cannot make a grading session please email Craig Denyer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- All participants are to arrive 15mins prior to their scheduled time to register
- All participants must bring trainers (no boots allowed) , shin pads and a drink. Any children not wearing shin pads will not be allowed to participate.
- Each age-group will have multiple graders who have been sourced from age-groups other than that of their own child and are experienced coaches.
- The graders will not be coaching any children during the session and will be concentrating on assessing the children correctly.
- Coaches comments from last year will be taken into consideration.
- Sessions will involve a warm up, skills and drills and small sided-games to ensure all participants get an opportunity to be involved.
- Coaches are not to be approached and any queries should go through the soccer convenor.
- For Players wanting to play up a grade: we ask that you grade in your age group plus the age group you intend to play.
Click here for our Grading Policy.
- All players must grade in their appropriate age groups. For example, players born in 2010 would grade in the under 10 age group. Players may request to grade in a higher age group.
If you have registered online you should have received an email confirming these times. Other age groups will not require grading at this stage.
Training will commence early to mid March and the first round of the season will commence on the 6th of April.
GRADING WILL TAKE PLACE AT : Ron Payne Park and North Epping Oval, please make sure you are aware which oval your age group is grading at.
Additional grading days may be required. Both Days are compulsory to be graded correctly.
Additional Information regarding please contact NER Soccer Convenor : Craig Denyer on Ph: 0418 484 752 or email@example.com